Community Impact Goal: Health
Make sure that everyone in Douglas County has access to mental and physical health care.
Douglas County residents don’t always have access to the physical and mental health care they need to live healthy lives. And, many residents aren’t engaged in healthy lifestyle practices that can help them stay well.
The United Way and its Community Partners specializing in mental and physical health care have identified ways we can collectively help citizens of Douglas County access health care. In 2014, the United Way began funding collaborative initiatives developed by Community Partners and will regularly assess and evaluate the funded iniatives for continuous improvement and to ensure they are on target to meet their goals.
- Douglas County CASA
- Douglas County Dental Clinic
- GaDuGi SafeCenter
- Headquarters Counseling Center
- Health Care Access Clinic
- Heartland Community Health Center
- Independence Inc.
- Lawrence Community Shelter
- Lawrence Meals on Wheels
- Success by 6
- Trinity In-Home Care
- Visiting Nurses Association
- Lawrence-Douglas County Health Department
- Bert Nash Community Mental Health Center
- Lawrence Memorial Hospital
- Hasse + Long
- Centro Hispano
- The Willow Domestic Violence Center
Through Americorps Amanda Kong directly served over 560 unique individuals during her two years of service. This is just one story. See the video here.
Need Help finding Resources in the community?
Download the United Way of Douglas County Emergency Resource Guide 2014-2015, or go to 211 Kansas Online.