Community Impact Goal: Financial Stability
Open the door for all Douglas County citizens to become financially stable by ensuring they can achieve gainful employment, affordable housing and support to move from crisis to independence.
Many Douglas County residents are not able to achieve financial stability because they lack the skills or ability to secure jobs that pay them enough to cover their living expenses, they cannot find affordable housing, and they do not possess the skills to manage their resources most efficiently.
The United Way determined to tackle the biggest barriers in our community that keep people from being financially stable. We assembled a team of community experts to identify and combat the challenges that prevent too many from reaching their full potential.
- American Red Cross
- Ballard Community Services
- Catholic Charities
- Cottonwood, Inc.
- Douglas County Child Development Association
- Housing and Credit Counseling, Inc.
- Independence Inc.
- Just Food
- Lawrence Community Shelter
- Salvation Army
- Tenants to Homeowners
- Willow Domestic Violence Center
- Kansas Department of Children and Families
- Pinnacle Career Institute
- Lawrence Workforce Center
- Society of Human Resource Managers
- Lawrence Douglas County Housing Authority
Need Help finding Resources in the community?
Download the United Way of Douglas County Emergency Resource Guide 2014-2015, or go to 211 Kansas Online.