DON’T JUST WEAR THE SHIRT. LIVE IT!
WHAT ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES AS AN EMPLOYEE CAMPAIGN COORDINATOR?
- Learn about United Way and educate your co-workers.
- Use the ECC guide and tools available from United Way online.
- Recruit and coordinate a team of company volunteers to assist you.
- Work with your Campaign Ambassador — they can help!
- Get the CEO’s endorsement.
- Coordinate special fundraising events, recognition events and the distribution and collection of campaign materials and pledge forms.
- Promote the campaign and invite everyone to give.
- Encourage leadership giving in your campaign by asking a leadership giver to tell why he/she gives.
- Say “thank you” to everyone for their help and participation, even if they do not give.
- Have fun and celebrate the work you are doing for our community.
BENEFITS OF BEING AN ECC
- Be recognized as a leader in your organization or company.
- Develop project management and team-building skills.
- Represent the organization at United Way functions.
- Make a personal investment in your community.
- Know that you are improving lives locally.
WHO CAN HELP YOU RUN A SUCCESSFUL CAMPAIGN?
- Your Campaign Director is a full-time United Way staff member who is available year-round to support your workplace campaign and community engagement activities.
- Your Campaign Ambassador (CA) will provide additional support during your campaign. CA’s are volunteers who will work as a UW resource during the campaign.
- Your CA can work with you to develop a campaign plan, make presentations at campaign events, come up with new ideas to engage your associates, and keep you informed on volunteer opportunities and events for employees to become involved in the community.